Be grateful. Be smart. Be clean. Be true. Be humble. Be prayerful.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Raegan Mae!



Raegan Mae Moore! Born October 9th, 2011! Only 2 days after her momma's birthday!
She was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long!



Birth Story:

My family and I love to be there for each other when one of us has a kid so I had to plan this out just right to have Sarah, Em, and my mom there due to work schedules and what not. Well I guessed that Raegan would come 1 week early because Madison came exactly 7 days early, so everyone went ahead and bought plane tickets for the weekend of Oct 7, 8, and 9th. My mom took work off that weekend and had to be back not later then the 11th! Sarah also had to be back the 11th since she has 3 little ones of her own. Well I was starting to freak out a little bit because the 7th and 8th went by and no baby :( There was no way I was putting my family back on a plane home and still being pregnant! So on the night of the 8th I had heard that if you stimulate your nipples it can start something...so of course I got out my breast pump! Haha it felt a little ridiculous but who knows right? Well 1 hour later my water broke! I have no idea if it was just coincidence but I was super excited that everyone was going to be here to see Raegan be born!

Anyway, around 3 am on the morning of the 9th, Tyler and I went to the hospital. I had taken my time showering and getting ready before hand since I knew it could be a long process...but OH MY GOODNESS talk about a long labor! When we got there we had this horrible, most annoying on call doctor of my life tell us that I needed to just wait it out and see what my body did on its own. I tried to just go to sleep but when your water has broke and your leaking everywhere it's a little hard to just tune everything out. Around 8 or 9 a.m. after no dilation they finally started me on pitocin!



But even that was not starting anything! They kept turning it up but nothing was going on! So around 3 p.m they really kicked it into gear and then I was in some serious pain! Those contractions were kicking my butt so what do I do... Hello epidural! I was dilated to 4 cm so I felt that was good enough to give in. Then of course the anesthesiologist takes FOREVER!!! Like 45 minutes of missing the center of my spine and some really annoying pain I'm finally feeling good! Anyway nothing too exciting happened after that except for a lot of waiting. Then around 8 p.m. doctor comes in to check me and do a "trial" push...well dang there was no need for a trial push ! As soon as I went to crunch up little Raegan's head was out! I felt like they should have came and checked me a whole lot sooner but at least I didn't have to push at all! In comparison to Madison's 3 hours of pushing, Raegan's delivery was amazingly easy.



We then only stayed the 1 night in the hospital and got to go home to my sisters and my mom who had cleaned and cooked up a bunch of meals! I am so thankful for my family! Seriously I don't know what I would do with out them! My mom made sure everything was comfortable, clean and easy for me before she left. Sarah made sure I was getting all my meals and helped me A TON get the hang of breastfeeding. And then E totally took care of my Madison! I felt so spoiled but loved every minute they were here (even when Em and Sar were out jogging when I clearly could not) ;)

So yea that about does it...now we are just enjoying watching Raegan grow but not so much enjoying being sleep deprived. I know this time goes by so quickly but seriously I love my sleep. Praying we are just around the corner to some 6-7 hour stretches...instead of these 2-3.









1 comment:

Walker Family said...

Mis! I loved reading your birth story!You are so lucky to have barley pushed! :)And what a blessing to have sweet sisters and your mom there! Raegan is seriously one of the prettiest new borns I have ever seen!...